Seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager (“PM”) for NYC Owners Rep firm.
PM is responsible for managing and directing the construction of specific projects.
A successful candidate must possess the requisite education and experience that will permit them to manage the construction process on a verity of projects, collaborate with senior management executives within the company. The successful candidate must possess the interpersonal skills that will allow them to collaborate with the project team, third party Design Consultants, third party construction managers, sub-contractors and vendors.
- Perform daily on-site walk-thru’s to ensure contract performance, safety compliance, and quality control with the intent of delivering a on target product.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project or portion thereof.
- The ability to make decisions that consider budgeting and development goals of the company.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Formulate and executes project schedule.
- Administer document control procedures for all construction related documents.
- Manages the scope review process.
- Negotiate change orders.
- Manages the permit and DOB, MTA, and related governmental requirements.
- Manages and updates project budget.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Minimum (8) years of field experience with complex development and construction projects .
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of architectural, structural, and/or MEP systems.
- Construction/field experience and project management skills.
- Exceptional communications skills – written and verbal.
- Computer skills for scheduling project tracking
- A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
- Degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience.