Project Accountant - Construction
Perform accounting duties and responsibilities for multiple development projects in various phases of construction. This role reports to the CFO.
- Review of proper coding and input of accounts payable at the properties, ensuring that fiscal policies are followed. Be familiar with the accounts utilized to provide an adequate basis for reviewing the coding of invoices and bring any deficiencies to the attention of the appropriate personnel.
- Prepare an accounts payable listing at closing each month, check agreement to the accounts payable account on the trial balance and then provide a copy to the appropriate staff accountant for inclusion in the monthly entity files.
- Provide the necessary data to the Controller regarding invoices being processed and checks written for them to maintain proper cash control.
- Handle other A/P related administrative responsibilities as assigned on the team.
- Work closely with the construction administration and supervision personnel to ensure that the construction budget and actual expenditures information in the system and on the progress billings is accurate and up to date.
- Work closely with the construction administration and supervision personnel in co-ordination with third party entities to insure the efficient and timely handling of progress payments to sub-contractors and other vendors. May directly be in contact with contractors for required data.
- Prepare summary draw schedules, and assembly of the draw package for review by management. Also, reconciliation of entries and schedules for audit and reporting purposes.
- Ensure accuracy of Job Cost Reports including ACR and Contract Detail Report.
- Reconcile the draw requests to GL including Project Costs to date on a monthly basis.
- Review Contracts and Change Orders; enter into Job Cost System.
- Prepare lien waivers.
- Monitoring of construction expenditures compared to budget.
- Special projects and analysis as required.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Yardi Construction software and Timberscan/Timberline experience preferred.
- Requires 7 years of experience in project accounting, preferably commercial real estate development.
- Requires advance skill-set in Excel.
- Requires the ability to maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems.
- Requires ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period.
- Requires ability to meet deadlines and work in a structured corporate environment.