Project Accountant . Cost Control Manager - High end Real Estate enveloper in NYC
- Participates in and directs the business’s commercial decision-making process; including but not limited to land acquisition, budget estimates, selection of main contractors, creation of contract strategies, packages buyout, and close out and completion.
- Ensures that the company’s contractual position is secure and maximizes the gross profit of the projects.
- Produces procurement and cost control strategy;
- Continually monitors project status both in terms progress and expenditure;
- Prepares and presents monthly cumulative and cost forecasts;
- Supports the resolving of any claims, potential claims, delays, liens, variations etc.;
- Understands the buyout process and advises on the commercial implications of various work packages;
- Supports cost projection of the projects to handle the project cash-flow;
- Generates and maintains cost management related reports;
- Understands the projects’ contractual obligations; supports, reviews, and comments on terms and conditions, as well as commercial requirements;
- Understands the principles of the design, construction, schedule, and procurement programs & as built/current schedule and monitors against the contract schedule;
- Tracks the project cost status and provides necessary updates to the company management.
- Construction related Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
At least 5 years of hands-on cost management experience