Commercial Building Engineer/Superintendent
***50 hour work week - 1/2 day on Saturday***
· Operate, repair and maintain boilers, chillers and MEP equipment.
· Complete tenant service requests, and develop and maintain positive tenant relations.
· Perform preventive maintenance and repairs as required.
· Duties include, but are not limited to changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular inspections of equipment
· Maintain computerized or written equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
· Clean and paint equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
· Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as needed.
· Respond immediately 24/7 to emergency situations and customer concerns.
· Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems
· Perform carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs as required.
· Perform plumbing repairs as required.
· Take meter readings
on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisor.
· Perform repairs on doors, hardware, lock, windows, ceilings, and floors
· Perform and record daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections of the property. Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management on a daily basis.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Experience as a superintendent/engineer in a commercial building.
· Minimum 5 years of commercial building maintenance experience or commensurate experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
· HVAC or electrical technical school training preferred.
· Experience with automated building management systems BMS
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads
· May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments)
· Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders).
· Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet
· Climb ladders and stairs.
· Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while on the property.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Honest, Hard Working and Reliable