VP of Construction
Manage pre-construction and construction assigned Multi-Family project.
VP of Construction is responsible for support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
1. Provide construction input to design professionals
2. Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
3. Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
4. Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
5. Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing of each.
6. Assist estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
7. Coordinate with plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
1. Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
2. Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
3. Organize and run project meetings.
4. Regularly update the project schedule with Project Manager.
5. Manage subcontractor change orders.
6. Review and approve entire subcontractor’s and supplier’s pay request.
7. Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
8. Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
9. Log and distribute new project documentation.
10. Provide documentation and direct Contract Manager in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
11. Oversee project setup.
12. Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager, Contracts Manager, and Project Engineer.
13. Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction activities.
14. Evaluate performance of project team members.
15. Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety standards.
16. Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor’s work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
1. Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
2. Complete final documentation.
Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
A bachelor’s degree in construction management or related study or a minimum of 15 years of experience as a Manger of Multi-Family Garden, Mid and High Rise construction.
*****Technical degree a PLUS
Paying $200k base plus significant bonus structure.