Property Manager for LUXURY Properties. Manage and oversee portfolio of mixed use/residential buildings, and facilities to the satisfaction of residents and building ownership.
****Property Manager will be responsible for setting up the proper foundation, policies, and procedures for the Property Management division. There is nothing in-place yet.
The Property Manager will supervise the building Maintenance Staff, and hire additional staff as needed.
There will be a slow growth, starting from 1 building and adding buildings over time. Buildings are currently being managed by third party management company.
Primary Responsibilities of the Property Manager:
- Ensure proper maintenance and security for all properties;
- Develop and enforce building requirements and house rules, review security footage and issue fines to violators as needed;
- Respond to emergencies 24/7 and coordinate resolution - on call..
- Be the main point of contact for residents, providing excellent customer service by responding to resident service requests in a timely manner and resolving complaints;
- Develop building maintenance schedules, and obtain proposals for testing and code compliance as required by NYC city agencies;
- Have a thorough understanding of the offering plan as issued for each building;
- Work closely with the HOA/Boards (where applicable), including setting up initial elections, scheduling and attending board meetings as per offering plan;
- Coordinate move-ins, site visits by vendors, and obtaining insurance documents prior to work being scheduled;
- Work with accounting department to establish projected budgets, overhead costs, collect rent, and apply additional fees and fines as needed;
- Work with Staff to inspect vacant units and complete repairs;
- Spearhead any capital improvements, and negotiate and secure all service contracts including landscaping and snow removal services, maintenance services, pest control, etc.; organize, coordinate, and supervise major repair work;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and keeping up to date with city agency requirements;
- Work closely with the Construction Team during close-out of new buildings to ensure quality assurance and facilitate a smooth transition of a vacant building under Construction to a fully occupied building under Property Management.
- 5 years PLUS experience in a NYC property management role for private residential buildings;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, and time management skills;
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic team player with the capability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks with limited or minimal supervision;
- Some AP/AR experience;