Insurance broker looking for an Account Manager to service and manager a VIP Personal Lines book of business.
Prepare applications and marketing strategy for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients with some degree of supervision and approval from the Manager on difficult lines. Must be proficient in the basic coverages: Homeowners, Auto, Umbrella, PAF, Workers Compensation, Disability and Flood. This list maybe expanded as the needs change within the Insurance Industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of policies, endorsements, audits, etc. received from insurance companies.
- Responsible for daily correspondence, email, faxes, mail and policy checking.
- Responsible for Non-renewals:
- Timely contacting of insureds
- Replacement if possible
- Send certified letter if replacement is not possible
- Day to day contact with insureds regarding any changes and or questions.
5. Placing and securing coverages for new exposures to an existing. Process applications.
- Input account detail into computer, or document account activity and await download.
7. Prepare renewal proposals for presentation to client, as well as new business proposals to be reviewed by Unit Manager.
- Responsible for follow up with clients for information.
- Prepare schedules of insurance.
- Review requests for certificates of insurance and decide appropriate action.
- Complete coverage checklist and make recommendations.
- Assist claims department with claim problems on coverage issues.
- Recommend new and additional coverages and obtain quotes.
- Compare insurance contracts between various carriers.
- Work with legal department in responding to client inquiries on easements, Certificate of Coverage contracts, etc.
- Monitor all stages and implement loss control measures or changes as necessary on Certificates of Coverage.
- Attend appraisal visits as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be proficient in the basic coverages: Homeowners, Auto, Umbrella, PAF, Workers Compensation, Disability and Flood. This list maybe expanded as the needs change within the Insurance Industry. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum five years experience in a comparable position handling various types of coverages. Must be computer literate with good Word and Excel skills.
***P&C license is a MUST